Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back to Tot School

Tot School

We got back late Sunday and I chose to keep the biggers out of school Monday.  I have so much to do.  The kids got lots of toys while visiting relatives and more clothes too.  I have to find room for the new stuff.

These are some pics from before we left.  I was cleaning the girls room and Wiggle Worm was busy checking things out.  I found these great books that I had when the biggers were little hidden on a shelf in the girls room.  They are my shapes book, my numbers book, and my words book.  I am going to have to look up who makes them b/c they are really great.

Today, while I did dishes and tried to straighten my house…Wiggle Worm kind of did Tot School…

We really just took it easy today.  Wiggle Worm did the tiny pom poms through the straw hole.  He also spent so much time dressing the elephant!  He really liked that one.  I wish I had more clothes for him than just the 2 outfits.  He also did some tongs and pom poms in color bowls for color matching.  I tried to do a pouring exercise with him and it was a fiasco.  I used water to see if he was ready for liquid.  Nope!  He poured the water once from the pitcher to the bowl and back again…then…he decided the water would be better on the tray!  What a mess!  We cleaned it up together and I decided back to beans and rice for a little while longer.

We won’t be doing LHTH this week b/c the biggers have field day on Thursday and Friday all day.  So I guess our Tot School will be on a field trip.  I do have one lesson left in Lesson 2 so I will probably do it tomorrow then the rest of the week will be hands on field trip experiences.

Wiggle Worm was so excited to be back home and with his things.  He toted his trucks around (almost all of them in both arms).  It was almost like he had to touch it all to believe it was here still.  He slept so much better too.  He was awful at my Mom’s over spring break.  He would not go to sleep at all there.  I would have to hold him on my chest and get him to sleep in the “big” chair.  I was kind of nervous that it would carry over when we got home, but nope he went straight to his big boy bed and went to bed no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment