My house is a disaster area. Literally, it is a pig sty. I let Wiggle Worm work on several things while I did dishes. I still have to sweep and mop, but plan to wait until tonight when no little ones will dirty it right back up.
Okay, I just had to put this old pic of big brother Bubba doing this same exercise when he was 3…he is 6 now. They are 3 part cards for colors.
Here is Wiggle Worm being introduced to them for the first time! He did really well. I think I will start out with just the primary colors next time though. We got confused with orange and red and blue and purple. So we might start out with just three and work up.
This is an up close so you can see the exercise. The one card has the color and name of the color. The tot then matches the color to the color/name card.
I originally downloaded this file from childcareland.com. I can't find it in the free printables anymore. I am going to email and see if I can get a link to post here if anyone else wants to use this file too. I laminate mine. This exercise grows also b/c I have a set of cards that has a blank part at the top with the word for the color at the bottom and the child matches the color part to the word (showing they can read the color name and match it with the color without the control). I will take a picture of it soon. I will have my 6 year old do this as color words are part of his sight words.
I borrowed this idea from 1+1+1=1. I used a Cane’s kid’s drink cup and Wiggle Worm put those tiny pom poms through the straw hole. This lasted a while.
Close up of him pushing the pom pom through the hole.
This is big Bubba (at 3) doing his Melissa and Doug stacker. Alas, this stacker did not survive to be passed on to Wiggle Worm. I did buy a M&D round rainbow stacker the other day and wanted to get a pic of Wiggle Worm doing it to put with this pic in the post, but Wiggle Worm would not oblige me. Maybe I will get the pic and edit this post.
I am going to go through big Bubba’s pics from toddlerhood and glean ideas from them (insert evil laugh here). I had made so many Montessori style 3 part cards and have most of them laminated. I think it is time I pull them out and Wiggle Worm is introduced to them.


That is so cool that you still have all the materials from when your older was a toddler.
ReplyDeletelove the cards!!!
ReplyDelete