We may as well have skipped Thursday this week. We did absolutely nothing Tot School or really tot productive today. We did go out to lunch with another Mom and her son, 4. So I guess I could stretch that into being a playdate of sorts.
It wasn't a total waste though. I found lots of good buys at Target and Big Lots and took pics of my latest additions to our Tot School "curriculum."

This is my new stuff

After looking at all the blogs using these items, I decided now was the time to buy.

These are neat little "pinch" bowls I found at Target. I think I may use them with pom poms, tongs, and color sorting...

This is one of my good finds for $8 at Big Lots...It is an ice bucket with scoop and lid. The white bucket comes out and I am planning to use it to practice scooping and transferring beans.

My 2nd favorite of the day, this was $9 and it is so neat b/c the lid has a slit like a piggy bank and the child puts the "cookies" in and then pulls the lid open and dumps them and closes the lid to start again. The "cookies" are numbered 1-5 so you can teach counting and number order once they have moved past the motor skills of the toy.
We threw a fit to have this one right away. Big Sis is helping Wiggle Worm out with it. She wanted to teach the numbers and number order right away...but contented herself to just helping Wiggle Worm figure out the basics.


I have pretty much decided that we will only do LHTH on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This keeps my Tuesdays open for Tinytown and possibly my Thursdays open for some Mommy time with my friends and their kids too.
So, I guess we will be doing Tot School on M,W,F and Tuesdays at Tinytown and Throw Away Thursdays from now on out.
No comments:
Post a Comment