Friday, May 15, 2009

Throw Away Thursday

aaron sandpaper letter  

Here Wiggles is tracing his Sandpaper Letters.  He is doing super well at tracing and saying the sound of the letter.  I think we are about ready to do some corn meal writing during review week with LHTH.

aaron reading bible

I had to put this one in.  We didn’t have a Children’s Bible reading in our lesson plan for LHTH today, but I had already pulled the book from the shelf when gathering what I needed.  Wiggles didn’t want me to put it up even though we didn’t “need” it today.  He wanted Abraham as he tried to get the book.  So I handed it to him.  We have been reading about Abraham in it and he sat down and started to read it to me.  I couldn’t make out much but all the men in the pictures were Abraham as he “read” to me.

dr. suess flashcards

Here is Wiggles using his Dr. Suess Alphabet cards.  I love these.  They are set up like the book.  Big A Little A What begins with A.  Alligator with a Dr. Suess pic of an alligator.  Also, they are tactile.  Similar to the way I teach him with the sandpaper letters. 

 

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3239861

I love the Dr. Suess beginner cards.  They have shapes, numbers, opposites.  Lots and lots to choose from and they are fun.  They have teaching ideas included.  So far I have the alphabet and shapes but plan on getting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment