
While I was figuring out what we were going to do today. Aaron played with his paper trains.

We did our Kumon First Steps Let's Cut Paper!

Kumon First Steps Let's Color!

This is my other Prang watercolor set. These are for 2+years and are great b/c the watercolors are large and easy for small hands and they don't get all mixed up like Crayola's with the small watercolors.

We did our Abeka Aa page and watercolor painted with a q-tip. I personally love this much more than the paint brush for a toddler. I would recommend it over a brush any day.


Our finished masterpiece

For our Bb page we had to glue white rice to the Bb. I did not like this. It was messy and Wiggle Worm wanted to put the rice anywhere but on the glue. The rice was too small for this activity. I like beans much better or cotton balls...anything but small, white rice.

Our finished Bb with rice. This was more me than him doing it and as said before there will be no more rice even if the instructions call for it.

We didn't do LHTH b/c I needed masking tape and construction paper. I had neither. So I decided to do our Abeka pages and our Kumon First Steps workbooks. I also have the Abeka fingerplay and poems book and we did a fun fingerplay. It has poems and fingerplays for every letter of the alphabet. It would work as a stand alone as you teach your child the letters or with almost any program.
I will pick up the needed items for LHTH tomorrow and we will pick up where we left off then.
We also read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. I am putting the tot book together for it now and plan to give it to him Friday after reading all week. He will get to work with the tot book all next week.
I am planning to do this with several other books and tot books. I am going to read the book for a week (while I am making the tot book), then he will have the tot book for a week. I am focusing on the literature based ones. I picked up The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Five Little Monkeys, and Brown Bear Brown Bear today.
Does anyone know how to make the pockets for the tot books? I have some extras for our tot books that I want to make pockets for but don't know how to make the pockets. If anyone has a template for a pocket for PSP, I would greatly appreciate it.
I was about to comment that our guys are almost the same exact age then I got sidetracked, read my posts & you beat me to it!
ReplyDeleteSo I'm looking at your activities and your curriculum and thinking, either Wiggle Worm is ahead of the game (probably anyway!) or I am underestimating Z's abilities. What great things you do with him. I'm going to look into some of these a little more.
I just have to say this is scary but I just picked up Brown Bear Brown Bear, Five Little Monkey's, and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom....FOR THE SAME REASON!
Are you a member of Lapbook Lessons? They have a few templates for pockets that you can use but you have to join.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.lapbooklessons.com/TemplatePocket.html
You can do a search online maybe if you don't want to join.
You can also make them in Publisher if you have it. Just mess around till you find the size that suits you.