I thought that I would show everyone what we use and where we store it. We are a works in progress tot school. I haven't quite gotten it all figured out how to keep stuff separate from our toys and keep his little hands from getting into some of it.
This is a simple less than $20 bookshelf I bought at Family Dollar (no tools required). The top shelf holds my teacher's manual for LHTH as well as the books that I don't want his little fingers into.
This is a little $1 metal basket I got in Target's $1 section as well as about 8 Sesame Street books on colors, letters, shapes, night time, bath time, numbers, body parts...(also from the $1 section in Target). If you have a Target or a Super Target, check out the $1 section it is a gold mine of resources.
I absolutely love this metal CD bin that I got at Target (not in the $1 section but less than $6). I use it to hold my flashcards. As you can see before Wiggle Worm had gotten into them and tore the boxes. This is a great way for me to have all my cards in one place and organized.
I am going to shamelessly plug another site now. These are my sandpaper letters (wonderfully made) by Polliwog Learning. And held in yet another of my $1 baskets. The numbers didn't fit so I will have to get a bigger basket.
They have more than just the sandpaper letters and numbers. Their site will do them more justice than my raving about them endlessly.
So, check it out...
http://www.polliwoglearningproducts.com/index.htm

Yet again, I will give Target free advertising...This is my puzzle keeper thing...and yes, I am sure there is a real name for the thing...I just don't remember what it said on the package, lol. This is just $20 and comes with 6 puzzles. It is a super buy for any toddler and helps to keep the puzzles neat and without missing pieces. It did take about 1 1/2 weeks for my little one to start putting it away properly, but now we are golden.

This is a picture that shows how I keep some of my stuff out of little hands. The sandpaper letters and his box of colors, markers, paints, glue, scissors...go on the mantel. I learned this lesson the hard way. I may post pics of my mural in the hallway that Wiggle Worm so graciously presented me.
I saw that puzzle thing at target yesterday & ALMOST bought it!
ReplyDeleteI keep all writing/coloring things FAR FAR away from my LO hes gone nuts with writing all over everything. If it's marker on your walls try CLR (I wrote about it on my blog Red Sharpie Alert). It got sharpie out of my car's seats and off of door. I have yet to try on the fridge and walls but maybe?? Maybe even crayon too.
Thanks for sharing how you set stuff up. I love seeing how everyone organizes.